The Aalto on Waves Spring Event on 04.04.2012 was the official end of the Aalto on Waves project. The purpose was to tell about our journey and share our experiences. This event is part of the Aalto University’s World Design Capital program.
There will be a video of the event published soon.
During the event, we had inspiring speakers reflecting about the journey, launched the publication where our projects are described as well as screen a documentary about Aalto on Waves and, think about the next project to come, Aalto on X!
The program for the day was the following:
- 16.30 Beginning
- 16:45 AoW Organizers welcome Thomas Abrell / Niina Gromov
- 17:00 Norton de Andrade Mello Rapesta, Brazilian Ambassador
- 17:20 Mari-Anna Suurmunne, Head of Aalto International Relations
- 17.40 – 18.00 Break
- 18:00 Juhani Polkko: TEDx on Waves
- 18:15 Mikko Koria, Professor, IDBM, Aalto University
- 18:25 Asta Länsimies: Aalto on X invitation!
- 19:00 Screening of the documentary produced during Aalto on Waves
- 20:30 Official ending Cocktail event
- 21:00 – 23.30 Invitation only.
Furthermore, there was a photography exhibition which was kindly supported by ADOX and the Graphic Design department of the Aalto University School of Arts, Design & Architecture.
We would like to thank everybody for contributing to make this event happen, and hope you enjoyed it and got to know more about Aalto on Waves and the Brazilian-Finnish collaboration.